A hardware store in Boulder, Colo., is testing an ink cartridge-dispensing kiosk manufactured by KIOSK Information Systems and Denver-based ink distribution company Legacy Imaging.
The 22-inch touchscreen kiosk called InkSpot stocks new and remanufactured ink cartridges for all major printer brands and guides customers through the purchasing process, said Craig Keefner of KIOSK. The machine also has up-sell prompts to help increase average order size and an attract loop that provides advertising and targeted promotions to bolster sales.
The sales application provides consumers with brand selection that rivals an on-line ordering experience with the immediate delivery only available at a walk-in-retailer, Keefner said.
The turnkey solution offers:
- Guided Selling for clear and engaging consumer transactions.
- Loyalty and advertising for maximum platform leverage.
- Automated inventory logistics management.
- Shrink control at all sources: shoplifting, employee theft, organized retail crime and administrative loss; and
- Efficient remote management and field services.